dinsdag 28 mei 2013

Crochet elephant

Daar istie dan, eindelijk! Al een paar weken lag deze schat in losse onderdelen op een stoel in de woonkamer. Ik vermeed die stoel net iets vaker dan normaal, want dan die losse onderdelen praatten me een schuldgevoel aan. Zet ons toch aan elkaar! Maar ja, ik ben dus geen amigurimi-guru en had geen idee hoe dat ging, zo'n beest in elkaar zetten. Maar ik heb het hem toch geflikt.

There he is, finally! For a few weeks now, this hon was laying in seperate parts on a chair in the living room. I was avoiding that chair at all costs, 'cause all the parts were staring at me and giving me guilt. 'Put us together, now', they seemed to say. But I had no idea how to do that. I am no amigurumi-guri, no I am not. But hey, look at it now. I did it!

Crochet Elephant

Het idee om deze olifant te maken, deed ik letterlijk maanden terug op. Ik zag er namelijk één op haar blog en was meteen verkocht. Ik koos kleurtjes die niet al te zoet zijn, dat is niets voor mij. Maar deze vond ik absoluut schattig en ook wel een beetje vintage aan doen. Ik heb deze olifant gemaakt van Durable katoen, dat gebruikte mijn oma ook altijd en dat maakt het voor mij wel extra bijzonder.

I got the idea to make this elephant literally months ago. I saw one present and ready on her blog and was sold immediately. I choose colours that aren't too sweet, you know that isn't my thing. But these I loved and they're quite vintage looking too. I made this elephant from Durable cotton, the same yarn my grandmother used when she was still alive and crocheting. This makes it extra special to me.

Crochet Elephant

Crochet Elephant

Crochet Elephant

Het patroon voor de olifant kun je hier vinden. Ik heb het patroon wel vertaald, niet omdat het patroon zo lastig is, maar omdat ik nogal dyslectisch ben als het gaat om tellen. En dat is bij zo'n patroon toch wel essentieel. Het moeilijkste van het patroon was echt het aan elkaar naaien, ik heb dat dus nog nooit gedaan en ik heb er echt hoofdpijn van gehad. Vooral van de pootjes, want die moeten zo onder de 'fant zitten zonder datie om kukelt.

The pattern for this elephant can be found here. I did translate the pattern for myself. Not because the pattern is so hard, but because I am a bit dim when it comes to counting. And with a pattern like this, counting is the most important. The hardest part was really sewing all the pieces together. I had never done that before and I am telling you: it gave me headaches. Especially the feet, 'cause they have to be just right. Otherwise the funk will fall over.

Crochet elephant

Maar het resultaat mag er zijn, al zeg ik het zelf. Wil je ook een keer zo'n olifant maken: zeker proberen! Ik denk alleen dat het wel handiger is om met een effen olifant te beginnen en niet meteen met streepjes, dat is qua aan elkaar zetten een stuk gemakkelijker. En, wat vinden jullie?

But I think results count and hey: he does look cute right? If you want to make an elephant like this (and you should try it!) I think it would be wise to use one colour of yarn and not all the stripes like I did, 'cause it will make attaching all the pieces a lot easier. So, what do you think?

57 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat mooi gemaakt! Misschien is het ook wel mooi in een garen met kleurverloop, dan heb je toch kleurtjes en het gemak samen :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ik vind 'm super!
    Weet je dat Dorien er een Nederlandse vertaling van heeft gemaakt? (met toestemming) http://madebydo.blogspot.nl/2013/03/jam-mades-olifantje-in-het-nederlands.html

    Groeten,
    Jeanet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Nou ik vind dat je Fant mooi gelukt is en ik doe het je niet na! Veel plezier emee.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Suuuuper!
    De kleuren vind ik ook echt prachtig...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. That is the cutest little elephant ever! Bless you for your patience. i could never make anything like that. Well done! Love your choice of colors. Very yum and Caribbean... Makes me think of limes, lemons, avocados, salty aqua ocean and purple and pink hibiscus flowers. Beautiful!

    Annette
    My Rose Valley

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hij is lief! En hij heeft een schattig staartje ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wow, wat is ie geweldig ! Toffe kleuren ! Je bent een krak !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. This elephant is so cute! I love it :) I've always wanted to try making something like this!

    She Turned Her Dreams Into Plans

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Wat een schatje :) Die kleuren zijn inderdaad erg mooi zo!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Hij is echt heel mooi geworden. De kleurtjes zijn ook heel leuk.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Die is leuk! Heel mooi gemaakt en geweldige kleurencombi.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Ik vind hem schattig en ga hem pinnen, want mijn dochter van 17 zag het afgelopen weekend ook een soortgelijke gehaakte olifant waar ze helemaal weg van was, dus.....

    Goed gedaan trouwens voor een eerste amigurumi!

    Groetjes,
    Karin

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I love this little guy! I literally smiled when I saw him :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. He is adorable, I love elephants! Thanks for coming by and partying with us. Have a funtastic week!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. This is adorable! I love that you used several colors. Makes it unique and special.

    Get Your Crap Together
    Pattern Party Starts the 1st of each month

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Wow, 'n prachtige olifant in supermooie kleuren!!!

    Groetjes van Poekie :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Love this!! So cute! I'm so glad we found your blog!! Thanks for linking up with us at One Sharendipity Place this weekend!
    Sue @thet2women.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Happy G'Day!
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Oh, this is sooooo cute! I'm visiting from Say G'day party, just started followed your awsome blog through Bloglovin'.
    Have a great day!

    Tal @ The Crafeteria

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. Your elephant is very cute. I love the colours you have used.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. OMG this is ssssooo cute! I Just love the colors...very well done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. Would love for you to share this at my up where we pin all those who join to our party board http://myfashionforwardblog.com/2013/05/30/all-things-pretty-10/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  23. So so cute! You did a great job!! I would love for you to come and share this on our link party Much Ado About Monday!
    http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/06/much-ado-about-monday-no-12.html

    Hope to see you there,
    Jamie
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  24. Your crochet elephant is absolutely adorable!
    Nina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  25. This is absolutely adorable!!
    Very creative

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  26. De moeite waard hoor, echt leuk geworden!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  27. I love him -- he's so sweet! Almost makes me want to learn how to crochet :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  28. How adorable! I have just started crocheting again after a long absence! I would love to try to make one...with one color yarn! Yours is so sweet!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  29. Really adorable. I love elephants... I'm starting a collection on the blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  30. very cute. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Blog Hop 55. We can't wait to see what you have for us this week. This weeks party is live.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  31. I love this elephant - it makes me smile just looking at it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  32. What a happy, adorable little elephant. I'd love if you'd come and share at Inspire Us Thursday http://organized31.blogspot.com/2013/06/inspire-us-thursday-link-party-2.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  33. What a Cutie! I love the colours you chose.

    Thanks so much for linking up to the Say G'day Saturday party. I hope you will be able to join in again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz
    www.natashainoz.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  34. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your wonderful project on homework. Thanks so much for sharing it on The Inspiration Board.

    carolyn
    homework &
    DETAILS

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  35. Oh, is this cute. Just love elephants .0)

    I'm a new follower through GFC.

    Have a wonderful day!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  36. What child wouldn't adore this elephant...nice bright colors and a toy that can be washed. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  37. He is so super cute Esther!!!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  38. He is ADORABLE! I love all the colors! Any child would be thrilled to own that!
    Thanks for sharing at our Summer Bucket List Party! Keep those ideas coming, we'll be partying through June!
    xoxo
    http://www.lifeafteremptynest.com/2013/06/summer-bucket-list-link-party.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  39. How lovely!!
    Greetings from Spain!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  40. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Blog Hop. We are so happy that you joined us last week. We can't wait to see what you have for us at this week's party.
    Debi and Charly

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  41. Die van jou is ook schattig zeg!'
    Ik heb ook net mijn Ollie gemaakt en staat op mijn blog.

    www.wolenkleur.blogspot.nl

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  42. So adorable!! I love it! Thank you for sharing on Sharing Saturday!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  43. Gorgeous!! Will you be selling any on Etsy?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  44. Wat een schatje ! Deze staat ook al een tijdje op mijn to-do lijstje

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  45. Fantastisch! Ik vind juist de kleurtjes heel tof!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  46. Super cute! Found you via Oombawka Design!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  47. Your elephant turned out beautifully :) I made one too :) Thank you for linking up at Link & Share Wednesday!! Rhondda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog! Don't be shy, just leave a comment. I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...