donderdag 8 augustus 2013

It's finally there: the Candy Cane Crochet Ripple Blanket 'Tadaaaah'

Wat heb ik een buikpijn gehad van deze deken. Niet omdat het patroon zo lastig is (gewoon 'ripple stitch' Googlen en gaan!), niet omdat ik de kleuren toch niet zo leuk vond, maar omdat drie van mijn kleurtjes net opraakten vlak voor ik klaar zou zijn met de deken. Vorige week dacht ik echt nog dat de deken op een stapel zou belanden met 'leuk bedacht, maar dit gaat nooit afkomen' projecten. Een tas met zulke projecten hebben we allemaal wel ergens achter in een kast staan, toch?

Oh, how my tummy ached last week when working on this project. Not because it's such a difficult pattern (the ripple stitch is fabulous) and not because I didn't like the colors afterall, but because I ran out of three colors of yarn, just before finishing my project. If you would've asked me last week, I would've told you I was pretty sure this project would end up on the 'nice try, but never gonna happen' pile. I mean, we all have a bag with such projects stashed somewhere in the back of a closet. Don't we?

Ripple stitch crochet blanket

De winkel waar ik mijn wolletjes had gekocht was dicht wegens vakantie en ook internet bracht weinig soelaas. Ik begin hem echt wel even te knijpen. Als een haak- of naaiproject vertraging oploopt, met de grote kans op het 'van uitstel komt afstel' syndroom, leg ik het project altijd weg op een plek dat ik er niet de hele tijd naar hoef te kijken. In de logeerkamer ofzo. Want als het echt in het zicht zou liggen, ligt het je de hele toch zo sneu aan te kijken. 'Wanneer maak je me af?', 'Ben je me vergeten?', 'Joehoe, hier lig ik!'. En om eerlijk te zijn: ik heb al genoeg schuldgevoelens. Ik ben per slot van rekening van het vrouwelijke geslacht. Dus.

The shop where I had bought my yarn was closed due to a summer vacation and I really couldn't find what I was looking for online either. I was really worrying. Whenever I have to pause a sewing or crochet project, there's a bigger than average chance that I will never pick it up again. That's why I put those 'pause' projects away at a place where I don't have to see them all the time, like in the guest room. If I'd keep them laying around in the livingroom, they'd just keep staring at me. And giving me looks saying 'When are you finishing me already?', 'Did you forget about me?', 'Well hello, here I am. Still.' And frankly: I am dealing with enough guilt as it is. I mean, I am female afterall.

Ripple stitch crochet blanket

Maar ik wilde de deken toch koste wat kost afmaken. Ik plaatste zelfs een oproepje op Twitter en overwoog de fabrikant smeekbeden per e-mail te sturen om te vragen of zo voor één keer (alsjeblieft!) een uitzondering wilden maken en de drie bolletjes willen opsturen? Gelukkig bleek digitaal stalken niet nodig. Mijn wolwinkel ging open, de bolletjes waren op voorraad en 's avonds werd er als de sodemieter door gehaakt.

But I wasn't having it. I just wanted to finish the job I started. So I asked around on Twitter and even contemplated e-mailing the producer of the yarn and ask him if he'd make an exception and not only sell bulk to retailers but to (pretty pretty please, with extra nuts on top) send me the three balls of yarn. But lucky for me, cyber stalking wasn't necessary as my wool shop opened again this week, they had my yarn in stock and the same night I started to hook like there was no tomorrow.

Ripple stitch crochet blanket


En hij is af. Tadaaaaaa! Fijn hè. Ik ben er ultiem mee in mijn nopjes. De deken is 66 x 85 cm geworden en is te vinden in mijn shop. Bij mijn vorige post kreeg ik de vraag waarmee ik had gehaakt (mijn handen en haaknaald is daarop immer het antwoord) en de goede opletter had geweten dat het Lammy No.1 is waar ik mee haakte. Het lichtgroen is Bravo volgens mij. Overigens vind ik het altijd wel grappig dat ik vragen krijg met welke wol ik haak. Dat is namelijk niet heel wereldschokkend ofzo. Wat in ieder geval belangrijk is, is dat het garen van ongeveer dezelfde dikte is, van hetzelfde materiaal en dat op het wikkel staat dat je het op dezelfde naald kunt haken. Er is alweer een nieuwe deken in de maak trouwens, ik kon het niet laten. Hopelijk blijven bij die deken de woldrama's achterwege.

And it's finished! Isn't that great? I am so chuffed. This blanket is 26 inch wide and 33.5 inch long and available in my shop. After my last post I got the question what I used to hook this blanket (apart from my hands and a crochet hook, obviously). I think I mentioned it, it's Lammy No.1 mostly and the minty green is Bravo. Questions about what yarn I use always make me smile. Because it's not like I am using very special and uncommon yarn or something. For me, the most important thing is that all the colors you want to use have the same weight more or less. It also helps if they're all made from the same material. If the wrapping says they can all be crocheted on the same hook, then you got yourself some winner yarns I say! By the way, I've already started a new blanket! I just couldn't help myself. Though I hope I get to finish this one without the yarn dramas.

40 opmerkingen:

  1. hiep hiep hoera, heerlijk als je een project weer met goed gevolg af hebt gesloten. Erg leuk geworden zeg dat dekentje.
    Ik heb vandaag van puur ellende een half gehaakt poppetje maar weg gegooid. Nog garen genoeg, maar amigurumi zijn dus duidelijk niet mijn ding.
    Op naar een volgend project. Er ligt ook nog een half affe marketbag, die ook nog niet echt op schiet. Zucht.
    Maar ondertussen geniet ik dan gewoon lekker van de resultaten van mensen die wel dingen afmaken.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. leuk voor je
    en dat schuldgevoel is dat echt typisch vrouwelijk ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. ik vind de kleurencombinatie juist heel heel héél erg mooi !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. AH, lovely! Nothing like a pretty Ripple, glad you get more yarn.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wauw, wat een heerlijk kleurenpallet!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Ooh wat een drama! Maar wel erg mooi!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wauw, wat een snoepje! mooie kleuren hoor! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Oh wat is het een prachtige deken geworden! De stress helemaal waard ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. This is beautiful! I really like the colour combination. Congrats on finishing! ~Stephanie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Wauw! Ik word hier hebberig van, zo mooi!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Wow, heel mooi geworden, vrolijke kleuren:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Gelukkig ! Want het zou zo sneu geweest zijn, mocht deze ergens in een hoekje belanden en niet af geraken !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Hij is prachtig geworden. Heerlijk die frisse kleuren.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Wat is je deken mooi geworden zeg!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Wow wat een mooie kleurencombi.
    Grtz
    Chris

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Ik vind hem helemaal GEWELDIG, effe piepen in de shop!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Mooi deken en mooie kleurencombinatie!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Eind goed al goed dus!
    De deken is echt prachtig.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Wat vervelend, zeker omdat je deken bijna af was. Gelukkig heeft het niet al te lang geduurd voordat wij ook jouw prachtige deken kunnen bekijken. Mooie kleurencombinatie!
    Lilefs, Myriam

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. Ooo dis verskriklik mooi! Ek hou baie van die kleurgebruik. xxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. Gorgeous color combination! So glad you were able to find more yarn!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. Hi,

    Stopping by from Keeping It Simple, love this. I actually started a blanket with this exact same ripple pattern about a week ago and now its currently sitting beside my bed waiting for me to pick it back up, I agree with you on the important thing being the colours, so true if it doesn't look pretty then what's the point! I picked Sea Green and Stone for my blanket - I hope this won't go into my Never going to happen pile!! Better get onto it!!

    Danielle @ Glitter Bug

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  23. Dropped by from A Round Tuit KIS - what a great finish, I can so relate to how you wanted to get your hands on the wool and finish the project! It's looks smashing :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  24. Beautiful job! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-weekend.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  25. Gorgeous Esther!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  26. What a beautiful blanket! I love the colors!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  27. I love this so so much! I would also love if you would check out my blog oneofakind-kikistok.blogspot.com! love the colors too! new follower

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  28. Colors are fabulous together! Love the blanket. As a fellow crocheter, I know a lot of love and effort went into this masterpiece!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  29. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-link-up-29/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  30. Beautiful Afghan. A big project to finish!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  31. Wonderful! Congratulations. It is fab - as always. Lovely color choice. SO pleased you found your yarn, if not that would have been a terrible shame. Curious to see your next one in making.
    Annette

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  32. Love the chevron and adore the colors. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
    p

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  33. so pretty! You will be featured tomorrow at Tell Me Tuesday! Thanks for linking up:) Have a great week!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  34. Featuring YOU today over on my blog! :) Thanks for linking up to {wow me} wednesday!

    Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  35. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing on Sharing Saturday!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  36. Het is een prachtige deken geworden en het ziet er zo happy uit met de mooie kleurtjes die je koos.
    Het was fantasties om in het Hollands even te lezen.
    Wol is veel te warm hier voor Florida.
    Prachtig gedaan hoor.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog! Don't be shy, just leave a comment. I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...